You want to start a podcast, compose music, or just edit some audio files. Whatever your goal, you need professional software to make it happen. Look no further than Adobe Audition, the industry-leading audio workstation. Audition gives you the tools to create, edit, and mix high-quality audio with ease.
With its simple yet powerful interface, Audition lets you record, edit, and mix multiple tracks. Apply effects like reverb, distortion, and pitch correction in real-time and hear the results instantly. Audition’s large library of sound effects and music beds will inspire your creativity.
Used by podcasters, musicians, and sound engineers worldwide, Audition has everything you need to turn your audio ideas into reality. The latest version, Audition CC 2023, builds on its legacy with enhanced editing features, new sound design tools, and better performance. It’s time to unleash your audio creativity – Adobe Audition download today and let the fun begin!
Adobe Audition CC 2023: What’s New in the Latest Version
The new version of Adobe Audition, CC 2023 (version 23.5), has some exciting new features for you to explore.
- Improved playback engine. The updated playback engine improves performance for editing high frame rate video and virtual reality projects. Playback is smoother and more responsive, even with multiple tracks.
- Enhanced multi-track editing. Editing multiple tracks at once is now faster and more intuitive. You can easily resize tracks, slide clips, adjust fades and make other changes across multiple tracks simultaneously. New track headers also make it simple to enable or disable tracks while you work.
- Immersive VR audio. New ambisonics support allows you to work with 360° audio for virtual reality projects. Import ambisonics files, rotate and position them in 3D space, and monitor them with a VR headset. Then export files optimized for major VR platforms like YouTube, Facebook, and Vimeo.
- Better waveform visualization. Updated waveform displays provide a better visual representation of your audio. See volume, pan, and channel information right in the waveform, and get a clearer view of stereo or surround sound files. Waveforms also now scale dynamically based on zoom level for maximum detail.
- Improved effects. Many built-in effects have been updated for better sound quality and usability. New interactive previews let you see and hear the results of effect changes in real time. The popular DeHummer, DeEsser, and Speech Volume Leveler effects have all been improved for version 23.5.
Download Adobe Audition CC 2023 on a PC
To download the new version of Adobe Audition for your PC, follow these simple steps:
- Are you sure your PC meets the minimum system requirements? You’ll need Windows 10 64-bit, 8-16GB of RAM, and at least 4GB of hard drive space.
- Purchase a Creative Cloud subscription. This is part of the Creative Cloud suite of apps, so you’ll need a monthly or annual subscription to download it. Plans start at $20/month.
- Download the Creative Cloud desktop app. Once you’ve subscribed, download the Creative Cloud app to manage all your Adobe apps. Open the app and sign in with your Adobe ID.
- Find Audition and click “Install.” This will begin downloading the Audition installer file to your PC. The download may take a while, depending on your internet speed.
- Open the Audition installer and follow the prompts. You’ll go through the standard installation process, including accepting the licensing agreement and choosing a destination folder.
- Sign in and start using Audition! Open Audition from your desktop shortcut or Start menu and sign in with your Adobe ID to get started making music and editing audio.
Adobe Audition CC Interface: A Tour of the Workspace
The Main Window
When you first open Adobe Audition, the main window will greet you. This contains the toolbar, track panel, Timeline, and editor. The toolbar gives you quick access to tools for selection, zooming, and playback. The track panel on the left shows all the audio tracks in your project. The Timeline at the bottom displays the waveform for the selected track so you can see the amplitude and duration of your audio. The large editor space in the middle is where you do most of your editing and applying effects.
The Files Panel
The Files panel, located on the right, gives you access to your audio files and the Media Browser. Here you can import, preview and organize all the audio assets for your project. The Media Browser allows you to browse files on your local drives as well as creative cloud libraries. You can also save frequently used audio files as favorites for quick access.
The Effects Rack
One of Audition’s most powerful features is its array of built-in audio effects. The Effects Rack, found at the bottom of the editor window, gives you access to effects presets and the ability to build custom effect chains. Just drag and drop an effect onto a track to apply it. Non-destructive effects, so you can easily adjust or remove them at any time. Some of the possibilities include:
- Equalization (EQ) – for adjusting frequencies
- Dynamics – such as compressors, limiters, and expanders
- Delay and reverb – to add ambiance
- Modulation – like chorus, flanger, and phaser
- Noise reduction – great for cleaning up recordings
5 Essential Adobe Audition Tools for Music Production
1. Multi-Track Recording
Adobe Audition lets you record and edit multiple audio tracks simultaneously. You can have separate tracks for vocals, guitar, drums, bass—you name it. Each track can have its own effects and editing applied. This makes it easy to get the levels just right for each instrument and create a final professional mix.
2. Advanced Audio Effects
Adobe Audition comes with over 50 effects to manipulate your audio in creative ways. Favorites like reverb, delay, EQ, and compression are included. You also get specialized effects like a pitch shifter for voice effects, a phase shifter to create a psychedelic sound, and tube-modeled distortion for an overdriven guitar amp sound. Preview effects in real-time to hear how they’ll sound before applying them.
3. Integrated Music Library
Adobe Audition integrates with Creative Cloud Libraries so you can access sound effects, loops, and music beds right within the app. Easily preview and import tracks to use in your productions. You can also save any audio file to your Libraries to use in other Creative Cloud apps like Premiere Pro or After Effects.
4. Spectral Frequency Display
The Spectral Frequency Display in Adobe Audition shows you the frequency content of your audio. You’ll see low, mid, and high frequencies displayed as colors, giving you a visual representation of what you’re hearing. Use this to precisely remove or isolate specific frequencies, like reducing ambient noise or humming sounds. The Spectral Editing tools take audio editing to a whole new level of control and precision.
Adobe Audition lets you automate volume levels, pan positions, and effect parameters over time. Create smooth fades, control level changes during a mix, or dynamically adjust effect settings. The automation features turn static mixes into dynamic, professional-sounding audio productions. Use breakpoint envelope automation or write complex automation curves for precise control.
FAQ: Common Questions About Adobe Audition Answered
Q: Is Adobe Audition free?
No, Adobe Audition is not free software. It is part of Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe’s subscription service that provides access to Adobe Audition and other Adobe Creative apps. There are a few pricing options:
- Adobe Audition only: $20.99/month with an annual plan or $29.99/month on a month-to-month basis.
- All Adobe creative apps (including Audition): $52.99/month with an annual plan, or $74.99/month month-to-month.
Adobe does offer free trials, so you can test out the full version of Audition for 7 days to see if it meets your needs before purchasing. They also regularly offer discounts and promotions on Creative Cloud plans.
What are the system requirements for Adobe Audition?
To run Adobe Audition smoothly, you’ll need a relatively recent computer with the following:
- Windows 10 (64-bit) or Mac OS X 10.13 or later
- Intel Core i5 or faster processor
- 8 GB of RAM or more
- 3 GB hard space
- Additional disk space for cache and project files
How do I get started with Adobe Audition?
- Download the Adobe Audition free trial or purchase a Creative Cloud plan to install the software.
- Familiarize yourself with the user interface. The main workspace contains the Files panel, Effects Rack, Timeline, and Mixer.
- Create a new audio file to get started. You can record audio, import existing audio files, or generate tones to create a new file.
- Apply effects and edit your audio. Use the Effects Rack to add and edit effects, adjust levels in the Mixer, cut and paste clips in the Timeline, etc.
- Export your audio. Choose a file format like MP3, WAV, or FLAC and export your audio for use in other projects or to share.
Adobe Audition is a versatile and powerful tool for audio editing and production. By downloading the latest version, CC 2023 23.5, you can take advantage of its features and unleash your creativity. Whether you are a professional or an aspiring audio enthusiast, Adobe Audition is a valuable asset in your creative toolkit. Start creating and editing audio with Adobe Audition today and elevate your projects to new heights.