Adobe Photoshop 6.0 – September 2000 was released, It included many new features that made it easier to create creative photos. One of the most popular new features was the inclusion of the Camera Raw plug-in. This allowed photographers to open and edit RAW files directly in Photoshop.
In this article, we’ll look at some of the new features in Photoshop 6.0, how they can be used to create creative photos, and how to download and install this version on your PC.
What’s New In Adobe Photoshop 6.0?
Adobe Photoshop 6.0 was a major release when it came out in September 2000. It added some new features that made it a more powerful image editing tool.
- The Liquify filter lets you push, pull, spin, twirl, or stretch facial features to create caricatures from photos.
- The Healing Brush and Patch tool helps you fix photos by blending imperfections into the surrounding image area for a seamless look.
- Photoshop 6.0 introduces a completely redesigned file Browser for finding, sorting, and reviewing images.
- Color management features let you choose from a variety of color working spaces for optimum color reproduction on monitors and printing.
- A new PDF handling plug-in yields better results when opening, printing, or saving PDFs in Photoshop.
- New paintbrushes and custom shapes are included, as well as more than 50 actions recorded commands that can automate repetitive tasks for use with the Actions palette.
Improved Performance Of Photoshop Version 6.0
This promises to be a quantum leap forward in image editing performance, with a new rendering engine that is said to be two to four times faster than the previous version. The software also features a new file format, called PSD 2.0, which is designed to improve performance when working with large images.
How To Use Adobe Photoshop 6.0 To Create Creative Photo
Photoshop 6.0 was first released in September 2000. It was an update to Photoshop 5.5 and it brought with it several new features and improvements. One of the most notable new features was the healing brush tool, which could be used to remove imperfections from photos.
Here we will cover how to use some of the great features of Photoshop 6.0 to create stunning, creative photos.
1) The interface
Adobe Photoshop 6.0 features several interface changes and enhancements designed to make your experience more efficient and enjoyable. The new tools palette allows you to quickly access the tools you need, while the layer comps feature lets you create different versions of your image with just a few clicks. You’ll also find new ways to zoom and scroll, as well as an enhanced crop tool that makes it easy to crop your images precisely.
2) Basic image editing
Photoshop is a powerful image editing software that supports layers, masks, alpha compositing, and various color models. It also has limited abilities to edit text, vector graphics, and 3D graphics.
Photoshop’s layers feature is one of its most important features. By learning how to use layers, you can save time, increase your productivity, and create sophisticated compositions.
Masks are one of the most important tools in Photoshop, yet they’re also one of the most misunderstood.
Masks allow you to selectively apply or remove effects from an image. You can think of a mask as a stencil that you can use to paint on or erase from an image. Masks are created with painting tools, gradients, and filters, and they can be vector or raster-based.
A layer mask and a clipping mask are two types of masks in Photoshop.
1) Layer masks are bitmap images that are attached to layers and used to mask the layer they’re attached to.
2) Clipping masks are groups of layers that are used to mask other layers in the group.
Layer masks are the most commonly used type of mask in Photoshop. They’re nondestructive and easy to edit and adjust. To create a layer mask, select the layer you want to mask, then click the Add Layer Mask button at the bottom of the Layers panel.
5) Adjustment layers
Adjustment layers are a handy way to edit your images non-destructively. Adobe introduced adjustment layers in Photoshop 6.0, and they have been a mainstay ever since.
An adjustment layer contains its own set of adjustments that are applied to the layers below it. You can use adjustment layers to make global changes to your image, such as changing the color balance or increasing the contrast. You can also use them to make targeted changes to specific areas of your image.
- To create an adjustment layer, go to the Layer menu and select New Adjustment Layer. A dialog box will appear where you can choose from several different types of adjustments. Once you’ve made your selection, click OK and the adjustment layer will be added to your document.
- You can edit the properties of an adjustment layer at any time by double-clicking on the layer in the Layers palette. This will open the Properties panel for that particular adjustment layer. From here you can make changes to the settings and see how they affect your image in real-time.
- If you decide that you don’t like an adjustment layer, or if you no longer need it, you can delete it by dragging it into the trashcan icon at the bottom of the Layers palette.
The latest release of Photoshop (6.0) offers significant productivity enhancements and new capabilities for Web, multimedia, and electronic publishing. It also provides tight integration with other Adobe products, making it easy for users to move between programs.
Photoshop 6.0 provides several new features and enhancements over previous versions, including Painter’s Brush, which simulates traditional media such as watercolor and oil paint.
Here In this, we’ll use the Painter’s Brush to turn a photo into a piece of art.
- Open the image you wish to transform.
- With the Painter’s Brush selected, choose the Pencil tool from the toolbar.
- In the Options Bar, select a brush tip from the Brushes drop-down menu. You can also adjust the Size, Scattering, and Shape Dynamics of the brush tip by clicking on the icon next to each option.
- Select a color for your brush from the Colors palette.
- In the Layers palette, create a new layer by clicking on the “Create a new layer” icon. This will allow you to paint on a separate layer without affecting the original image data.
- Paint your image using strokes that mimic traditional media such as watercolors or oil paints. Depending on your chosen brush tip, you may need to build up color by painting multiple layers.
- When you’re finished painting, save your file in Photoshop’s native PSD format to preserve all your layers and changes.
There are several ways that you can use Adobe Photoshop 6.0 to retouch photos. The Clone Stamp tool and the Healing Brush tool are two very popular methods for removing blemishes, wrinkles, and other imperfections from photos.
Clone Stamp Tool
The Clone Stamp tool allows you to clone one area of an image to another area.
Healing Brush Tool
The Healing Brush tool is used to retouch an image by clone stamping with the added ability to match the target area’s texture, lighting, and shading.
Adobe Photoshop 6.0 has several filters that can be applied to images, found under the Filter menu. The most commonly used filter is Gaussian Blur, followed by Unsharp Mask and Noise.
System Requirements For Adobe Photoshop 6.0
- Adobe Photoshop version 6.0 for Windows 2000, Me, and 98
- Requires an Intel-compatible 233 MHz processor or faster (300 MHz recommended) and at least 64 MB of RAM (128 MB recommended)*
- 200 MB of available hard-disk space for the application files and at least 50 MB of available hard-disk space for the scratch disk (additional free space required during installation)
- CD-ROM drive compatible with your computer’s CD drive transfer rate
- 1024×768 monitor resolution with 16-bit color video card
- 2x or faster CD ROM drive
- Photoshop 6.0 requires at least 32 MB of RAM to run on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
Download Of Adobe Photoshop 6.0 Version
The following are the steps to be followed for downloading Adobe Photoshop 6.0 version:
- Go to the Adobe Photoshop website at www.adobe.com/products/photoshop or click on the below Link.
- Click on the Download button located at the top of the page.
- The Adobe Photoshop 6.0 download page will be displayed.
- Select the operating system for which you want to download the software and click on the Download button.
- The Adobe Photoshop 6.0 installer will be downloaded.
- Start the installation process by double-clicking the installer.
The following are the files required for the download of Adobe Photoshop 6.0:
- Adobe Photoshop 6.0 installer
- Photoshop 6.0 EULA
- Photoshop 6.0 license key
- Photoshop 6.0 serial number
Installation Of Adobe Photoshop 6.0 Version
- After downloading the software, open the Photoshop6 directory on your hard drive and double-click the Set-Up file to begin the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you have any problems during installation, refer to the Readme file in the Photoshop6 directory or contact Adobe technical support.
We hope this guide has helped give you a general introduction to Adobe Photoshop 6.0 – September 2000 and its many features. This program is an extremely powerful tool for both professionals and hobbyists alike, and we encourage you to explore all that it has to offer. With a little practice, you’ll be able to create stunning, creative photos that will impress your friends and family.
Adobe Photoshop 1.0 Free Download – Released February 1990 Version Install – Create Amazing Photos With This Classic Program